Saturday 8 June 2013

T-Shirt DIY #2 Side Knots

















Here's another DIY project I did today with an old white vest. The classic knot tie at the front has been quite popular these past couple of years, so I thought I'd try out doing side knots instead. It was even easier than the last t-shirt I did, and all I needed was a pair of scissors. It also only took 5 minutes! 

Grab a t-shirt that you barely use, in my case it was this white vest. It was totally unflattering as it flared out towards the bottom and made my top half resemble a triangle. Also grab a pair of scissors!

Start to cut the sides of the t-shirt on the seam, making it as straight as possible.

As you're cutting up, leave about 1-2 inches before the arm hole. 

Once you've finished cutting both sides, grab the end pieces from the front and back of the t-shirt and tie a knot on both sides. Use more fabric for the knot to make it a little more cropped. Pop the t-shirt on and adjust the knots if they're not at equal length. Done!

I think this is super cute and just right for Summer. Show me your t-shirt DIY projects! 

No comments:

Post a Comment