Thursday 20 June 2013

Beware Of Fake Products!

So I've always wanted one of these palettes, but I don't really have enough money to spend £36 on one make up product. A few days ago I saw an Urban Decay Naked2 palette on ebay for £18, and I didn't hesitate to buy it. I didn't know there was such a thing as faking these products, so even though this is such a bad experience I'm glad I've learnt something from it. As soon as I opened it I noticed a few little things that were suspicious, and when I googled it I realised how common it is. Here are some of the things I noticed: 






It's such a shame people feel the need to do this, and I hope the fact that I've been through this means you don't have to. Here's some tips about buying a product from anywhere that is not a reputable website/shop:
  • Ask if they have proof that the product is genuine. Anyone who decides to sell these off has bought them in bulk, usually online. They will have an online receipt if they are genuine. 
  • Compare the product they are selling to people's pictures of the genuine product. 
  • Does it come in the exact packaging that Urban Decay sells it in? 
  • Does it come with other products that are sold with it? (e.g. lipgloss, primer etc.) 
  • Usually if it is fake they will only show one bad quality photo so you cannot see the difference, ask for high resolution photos zoomed in. 
  • Read the reviews for this product - has anyone complained about it being fake?
  • Look at the details - is it the exact same font/image/colour?
Hopefully I can get my money back for this, and I will definitely let Urban Decay know about him as it's not fair that he is making money off of their success and reputation. 
Please make sure to be careful when buying beauty products off of these websites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment