Wednesday 26 June 2013

Beauty Purchases

















I went sort of crazy recently and wanted to buy everything on the make up counter. Fortunately my boyfriend managed to calm me down and I only bought a few things. Sadly, I couldn't get the Stella palette In The Light as it's been sold out for months! But I did get some lovely things instead. 
1. Sleek i-Divine Au Naturel Eye Shadow Palette, £7.99
2. Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette In Light, £9.99
3.  Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder, £6.99
4. Topshop Cheek Duo In Desert Sun, £12.50
5. Katy Perry Cool Kitty Lashes, £5.95
6. Topshop Lipstick In Macaroon, £.8.00
7. Topshop Lipstick In Infrared, £8.00
8. Real Techniques Core Collection, £21.99

 I bought these Sleek palettes because I watched Zoella's video about her drug store favourites, and I'm definitely not disappointed. This is the first contouring palette I've bought, and I'm definitely a fan of the bronzer and highlighter. Unfortunately I really don't like the blusher, It's an orange pink with a lot of shimmer - no thanks! The eye shadow palette is brilliant with matte and shimmer shades ranging from white to black. 12 shades for £7.99 seems like a good deal to me. There's not much fall out and they stay put all day, too. I really love the Sleek packaging (probably because it reminds me of Nars), and I love the huge mirror on these compacts too. 

I've gone a bit contouring mad lately! I saw this in Topshop and had to get it. I haven't really tried this out much and I'm slightly hesitant, but I'm sure I'll get into it. This looks like it will be really good for when I'm in a rush. Unfortunately every eye-shadow/powder product I have bought from Topshop has broken and it has gotten everywhere, and I'm really not a fan of the cheap plastic packaging. We shall see! 

Another face product, tut tut. I also can't believe I've only just bought this, and I am officially in LOVE!!! Every bronzer I have bought previously has been a little too orange and hasn't blended well, but this is literally perfect. I recommend this to everyone - I think they do a lighter shade too. 

Here's a swatch of the two lipsticks I bought from Topshop - macaroon and Infrared. Infrared is the bright ass orange, and I am so proud of myself for being brave enough to wear it - I have too many red lipsticks and need to start being experimental. Macaroon is a lovely bright baby pink and will be great for Summer. I don't know why but when I apply Topshop lipsticks they really do set into the creases in my lips and make them look so dry. Maybe I need to ex-foliate more, who knows. They stay on like a dream and are very pigmented, though. 

I don't think Real Techniques brushes and Katy Perry lashes need any comment, we all know they're amazing. What are your recent beauty purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment